When all contact is lost with Mars Probe 7 and the ship sent to recover the astronauts, the Third Doctor and Liz Shaw discover that what went up might very well not be what came down... This classic story is presented in full-colour for the first time since transmission.
• 7 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with mono audio.
• Commentary with actors Caroline John, Nicholas Courtney, Peter Halliday and Geoffrey Beevers, director Michael Ferguson, script editor Terrance Dicks, stunt co-ordinator Derek Ware and stunt performers Roy Scammell and Derek Martin. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
• Mars Probe 7: Making the Ambassadors of Death (dur. 25’ 50”) – cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With Michael Ferguson, Terrance Dicks, Derek Ware, Roy Scammell and assistant floor manager Margot Hayhoe.
• Trailer (dur. 1’ 27”) – the original BBC trailer for the story.
• Tomorrow’s Times – The Third Doctor (dur. 13’ 05”) - our ongoing series looking at the press coverage of Doctor Who reaches the Jon Pertwee era. Presented by Peter Purves.
• Plus of course the usual PDF materials, Coming Soon trailer, Programme Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Gallery.
Copyright Steve Roberts, 15 August 2012. No reproduction allowed without written permission.