The Seventh Doctor and Mel find themselves in Paradise Towers, once a utopian dream for urban living, now battleground between opposing gangs, residents and the caretakers. To top it off, there's something nasty lurking in the basement...
• 4 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with
mono audio. Option to listen to alternative mix with the original rejected
• Commentary with actress Judy Cornwell, writer Stephen Wyatt, special sounds supervisor Dick Mills, moderated by Mark Ayres.
• Horror on the High Rise (dur. 34’ 04”) – Doctor Who composer Mark Ayres presents this look at the making of Paradise Towers. With actors Richard Briers, Howard Cooke and Catherine Cusack, writer Stephen Wyatt, script editor Andrew Cartmel, first score composer David Snell and replacement score composer Keff McCulloch.
• Deleted and Extended Scenes (dur. 7’ 54”) – deleted and extended scenes from the first edit of the story.
• Continuity (dur. 3’ 54”) – continuity announcements from the story’s original transmission.
• Girls! Girls! Girls! – The Eighties (dur. 21’ 44”) – three actresses who played companions in the eighties – Sophie Aldred, Janet Fielding and Sarah Sutton - discuss the trials and tribulations of being a Doctor Who girl. Introduced by Peter Purves.
• Casting Sylvester (dur. 3’ 45”) – ‘Jigsaw’ producer Clive Doig explains his relationship with Sylvester McCoy and his role in the actor’s casting as the seventh Doctor.
• Plus of course the usual PDF materials, Coming Soon trailer, Programme Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Galleries.
Copyright Steve Roberts, 10 August 2011. No reproduction allowed without written permission.