This six-part 1972 story finds the Third Doctor and Jo helping to bring independence to the planet Solos and the mysterious mutants that inhabit it...
Disc 1 (Programme)
• Six episodes with mono audio.
• Commentary with actors Katy
Manning and Garrick Hagon, director Christopher Barry, script editor Terrance
Dicks, co-writer Bob Baker, special sounds supervisor Brian Hodgson and designer
Jeremy Bear. Moderated by Nicholas Pegg.
Disc 2 (Extras)
• Mutt Mad (dur. 20’ 43”) – cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With actor Garrick Hagon, producer Barry Letts, director Christopher Barry, co-writer Bob Baker, script editor Terrance Dicks and designer Jeremy Bear.
• Race Against Time (dur. 37’ 38”) - Noel Clarke narrates a documentary looking at the representation of black actors in Doctor Who and on British TV as a whole. With writer and critic Bidisha, writer Stephen Bourne, actor Fraser James, and Doctor Who Magazine’s assistant editor Peter Ware.
• Dressing Doctor Who (dur. 27’ 04”) – three-times Academy Award winning costume designer James Acheson takes an affectionate look back over his earlier work on Doctor Who from his home in New Zealand. Narrated by Simon Ockendon.
• Blue Peter (dur. 1’ 35”) – Peter Purves takes a look at a collection of Doctor Who monsters prior to the opening of an exhibition of visual effects.
• Plus of course the usual PDF materials, Coming Soon trailer, Programme Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Galleries.
Copyright Steve Roberts, 10 August 2011. No reproduction allowed without written permission.