The UK's fourth release of 2009 is this spooky season fifteen story, owing much to the work of legendary writer Nigel Kneale and his stories 'Quatermass and the Pit' and 'The Stone Tape'
Restoration on this story was straightforward, with no major problems to note other than that the first episode was by far the worst we have dealt with in terms of video dropout. The episodes were graded by Jonathan, with manual picture cleanup by SVS and audio restoration by Mark Ayres.
DVD extras for this release include:
• Commentary with actors Tom Baker, Louise Jameson, Wanda Ventham and Edward Arthur.
• After Image (dur. 26' 20") - cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With actors Louise Jameson, Edward Arthur, Wanda Ventham, script editor Anthony Read, visual effects designer Colin Mapson.
• Deleted & Extended Scenes (dur. 11' 27") - a rare glimpse of some of the material edited out during the making of the story, courtesy of a low-quality monochrome video recording made during the production process.
• Trailer (dur. 0' 22") - BBC1 trailer for the story.
• Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format for viewing on PC or Mac.
• Plus of course the usual Coming Soon trailer, Programme Subtitles, Subtitle Production Notes and Photo Gallery.
Copyright Steve Roberts, 26 February 2009. No reproduction allowed without written permission.